I'm an experienced educator and trainer, having been an adjunct faculty member at University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC) and program chair and professor at Central Piedmont Community College – both positions in Gerontology. Through Charlotte Area Health and Education Center, Area Agency on Aging, and various Continuing Care Retirement Communities I offer custom-designed training for professionals needing C.E.U’s as well as for residents. I’m also a team member of the Mepkin Abbey Contemplative Eldering Institute at Mepkin Abbey, SC.
Other Trainings That I Offer:
- Ethical Issues in an Aging Society
- A Holistic Approach to Eldercare
- At Home in the World – Embracing Diversity in Long Term Care
- Contemplative Practices in Caregiving
- Aging with Wisdom and Vitality (24 hour training for residents/elders)
- Harvesting our Wisdom – for community groups of elders
- Contemplative Eldering Retreats at Mepkin Abbey, SC
Without a doubt, the Living the Vision® program has been a vehicle for employee inclusion, engagement, and growth. It has provided our residents with an opportunity to share so much knowledge at a time in life when that opportunity might not be presented often. I’ve witnessed the amazing impact it has had on team members who lost the hope in reaching their dreams. I’ve witnessed energy within the residents who participate. I’ve not seen another program like this…one that has such tremendous outcomes that you literally can’t wait to see how people’s lives are changed at the end of it.
Kathlene Hendrick, Director of Human Relations, Aldersgate
Living the Vision® received the
Excellence in Innovation Award in 2018 from