I'm an experienced educator and trainer, having been an adjunct faculty member at University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC) and program chair and professor at Central Piedmont Community College – both positions in Gerontology.
Through Charlotte Area Health and Education Center and various Continuing Care Retirement Communities I offer custom-designed training for professionals needing C.E.U’s and for Residents:
Ethical Issues in an Aging Society
A Holistic Approach to Eldercare
At Home in the World – Embracing Diversity in Long Term Care
Contemplative Practices in Caregiving
Live the Vision: A Career Mentoring Program for Staff by Residents
Aging with Wisdom and Vitality (24 hour training for residents/elders)
Groups & Workshops
I've custom-designed the following groups and workshops:
- When Memories Fade - a support group for caregivers
- Heart-Centered Hope Through Grief - a fulll day workshop to nurture caregivers
- Conscious Eldering - the art of ageing
- Entering Crone-hood - a rite of passage
- Team member for Mepkin Abbey, SC, Institute for Contemplative Eldering Retreats
These workshops can be offered to your group or individuals. Please contact me if interested in a particular workshop.